Attorney Boivin has represented clients as both plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of legal claims over his career, including personal injury, product liability, Dram Shop Act violations, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, medical malpractice and wrongful death, as well as in workers' compensation claims. He leverages his experience, including in insurance defense and as a Partner at an Am Law 200 firm, to maximize the benefit and value for the firm's clients in the relentless pursuit of favorable outcomes. He believes in preparing every case for trial, knowing that one who fails to prepare is preparing to fail.
Andrew completed his undergraduate degree at Quinnipiac University, where he studied Criminal Justice and Health Science. While at Quinnipiac he interned for the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Massachusetts in Springfield, Massachusetts. Upon graduation, Andrew attended Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Massachusetts, on a Trustee Academic Scholarship. During his time at Suffolk he earned membership to the Moot Court Honor Board and served as an Associate Managing Editor of the Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy. After graduation, Andrew served as a Legal Research Law Clerk to the Judges of the Superior Court for the State of Connecticut Superior Court Judicial Branch. He thereafter worked at a well-respected Connecticut firm before accepting a position with a respected national law firm.
In 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 Attorney Boivin was selected as a "Rising Star" in New England and Connecticut, as published by Super Lawyers Magazine and Connecticut Magazine, respectively. Notably, that distinction is only awarded to lawyers falling within the top 2.5% of "up-and-coming" attorneys in Connecticut. Additionally, he has successfully briefed and argued on appeal before the Connecticut State Supreme Court.
Andrew resides in Guilford with his wife and children. He enjoys spending his free time with his family and friends and participating in local sports and town activities. He also enjoys giving his time to community efforts, including as a Board Member of the Guilford Community Fund.
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctor - 2008
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Board
- Quinnipiac University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2005
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Major: Health Science
- Board Member of the Guilford Community Fund
- Legal Research Law Clerk to the Judges of the Superior Court for the State of Connecticut Superior Court Judicial Branch
- United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts in Springfield, Massachusetts, Internship
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Connecticut, 2009
- Massachusetts, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2012
- “Rising Star” in New England and Connecticut published by Super Lawyers Magazine and Connecticut Magazine, respectively 2017-2022
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability